MILOV – Music I Looking for On Vinyl
I’m starting a new page at Fiftystatebanana that’s pinions about my obscurantist tastes in music. I like weird, hard-to-find shit. Stuff with context is superb, but often, like meteorites, shit just falls right out of the sky, alien and compelling. I’m going to dig the smoking fragments from the mud of popular culture, shine a light on something altogether not commonplace, my friends.
I like vinyl, I like old record players, I like analog. I hate MP3s, DVD. Old, solid-state. Vacuum tubes. I like filling my house with the sound of an old diamond biting into shellac, gliding along vinyl, tearing wax. Scratching a record. It’s like an audio “uh-oh”. It’s like an elemental “wth”. i want old dangerous noise LPs to play on analog systems.
There will be vinyl love. I won’t know what I’m posting until i can’t find it, so chill out.
- MILOV – Violent Onsen Geisha [Que Sera Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)]
2. MILOV – Flying Testicle [Space Desia] The next one on the list, yes you guessed it. I’m dropping some Flying Testicle off the super-duper-group’s 1993 release Space Desia. Here’s a taste. I want this foot of noise. I heard this once, ONCE on the radio fifteen years ago…and spent fifteen years trying to find out who or what this was. I am incredibly inefficient, and that’s okay. It’s not that bad.
3. MILOV – Massive Attack vs Burial [Four Walls/Paradise Circus] This was a limited pressing of 1000 singles. Only a thousand, and they all sold within the first day. The LP has written on it “Inhale Gold” which makes me think of this guy, and this guy is ridiculous.
4. MILOV – Dr. Fred and Alien Porno Midgets [High Altitude Over Our Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua] sounds like it was recorded in an airplane hangar with a microphone stuck in a bottle of gin. Looking for this album will cause you to run into all kinds of porn. That means it’s an album you can’t even really talk about at work. What if someone went looking for this and got something naked instead. This album will get your friends fired. Merry Christmas.
5. MILOV – REHASH – The Rehash Extended Player FOUR TET, Rehash, Wilson & High-C, Flying Lotus, Ras-G, TAKE. A1. Round Lounge Suite A2. Live By The Brook Baby * B1. Gratuitous Theft In The Rain
6. MILOV – Ramones – first single off self-titled debut album, “Blitzkrieg Bop” / “Havana Affair”
Found, too $$$ buku. It’s the Ramones. Hooked on first listen. It was almost instantaneous. I knew this was rock ‘n’ roll. Without a doubt, this was the shit, man.
7. New Wet Kojak
8. Miles Davis/ John Coltrane
9. Igor Stravinsky, Moscow Radio
10. Bud Tutmarc Paradise Isles
13. Charlie Megira
15. Nurse with Wound
16. Black Flag
17. Rage Against the Machine
18. Carl Stalling
19. Fats Waller
20. Pink Floyd
22. Amon Duul II
24. Jesus Lizard
25. Ennio Morricone
26. Van Morrison
27. Sun Ra
28. Lee “Scratch” Perry
29. Elvis Costello and the Attractions
30. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
31. Harry Pu$$y
34. The Shaggs
35. The Police