I operated as a photographer and vendor. This was my first event over water, third sports event, first multiple location event. Things I learned:
- PRIORITY Update all firmware and run all tests three days in advance in addition to 24 hrs and 3 hrs before event.
- Doing that would allow for sim, mapping, and planning for more efficient use of limited power supply. It was a good idea scrapped to take care of primary objective
- Keep trying to get a partner. It was a good idea. A partner with a 1.5 mile walkie-talkie could manually retrieve drone at terminal way-points.
- Charge to cover the cost of a PLC or battery per all-day job, $150 minimal charge. Care of craft = equals profit. Reckless or stunt flight is risky and expensive.
- Approach investors for funding for rugged industrial watertight model. Don’t give up, keep looking for grants.
- Try to get weddings because wedding planners have formal schedules, are creative, and make good collaborators for events that I would cover with limited power supply.
- Get more lenses or a CMOS camera or something, too with a gimbal.